• There is a 2 night minimum stay required for all bookings
• There is a 3 night minimum stay required for special events and holiday weekends
• The person booking the property is the Primary Renter --
and that person must be a responsible adult age 25 or older
• The Primary Renter must be present at the time of check-in
and must remain present throughout the duration of the stay and on the day of
• The Primary Renter completes payment for the rental and
security deposit and is responsible for all other guests/visitors at the
• We do not allow individuals under age 25 to stay at the
property overnight without the Primary Renter present
• We do not rent to chaperoned groups of students under age
• We do not permit friends/family over age 25 to book the
property for persons under the age of 25
• We do not rent the property as a venue for parties or
gatherings; (No Spring Break/Graduation/Prom/Wedding parties are allowed)
• Reservations made under false pretense are null and
void. Confirmed bookings made under
false pretense are subject to eviction and forfeiture of all deposit + rental
fees + taxes paid.
• Subletting (or Substituting Guests) is not permitted under any circumstances
OCCUPANCY LIMITS are strictly enforced - violations will not be tolerated
• Rental rates quoted are based on the number occupants for specific dates
• Additional guests are not permitted without consent
from the owner - No Exceptions ! If the number of guests could potentially exceed the number of guests booked at any time during your stay, you must contact the owner immediately. (this includes infants and children)
• Failure to get consent from the owner for additional guests will cause all guests to be ejected, and Primary Renter will forfeit the security deposit + rental fees paid
• The normal occupancy for this home is FOUR people (adults + children)
• If additional overnight guests are approved, the rental
rate may be subject to change
Reservations are not confirmed until the following conditions have been met:
1. We need to receive an email from the Primary Renter stating that you have read and agree to these Rental Terms during your stay.
2. We need to receive a photo copy image of a valid driver’s
license of the Primary Renter (the individual reserving/booking the property)
via U.S. Mail (or picture via text message or email)
3. We must receive payment within 24 hours of your
reservation to confirm booking, or your reservation will be canceled.
• Rental payment(s) can be made via credit card or PayPal
account if you have one. We do not
• Full payment for your stay is required before you check-in
to the property
• No guest will be permitted to check-in if rental payment
has not cleared
• The payment required to confirm a booking 30 days or less
before Check-In includes: Security/Damage deposit + 100% of rental fee +
• The payment required to confirm a booking 35+ days before
Check-In includes: Security/Damage deposit + 50% of rental fee +
• If 100% of rental fee + taxes are not paid at time of
booking, the remaining portion of rental fee + taxes must be paid 25 – 30 days
before Check-in date in order to retain the booking. If 100% payment is not received in time-frame
required, the booking is subject to cancellation and forfeiture of deposit + rental
fees + taxes paid as stipulated in the Cancellation Policies (below)
• The Security/Damage deposit is not applied towards the rental fee; the deposit applies to the direct physical
loss or damage to the property or owner's financial loss due to a cancelled stay (booking). In the event of loss/damage, the deposit may be forfeited to cover damages.
• If Primary Renter cancels a stay, the Security/Damage
deposit is subject to Cancellation Policy (see below) and may be forfeited in the event of lost booking(s)
• The Security/Damage deposit is refunded to Primary Renter following check-out assuming the house is in order at the end of the stay. (No damage to home or contents, exterior premises or landscaping beyond normal wear & tear)
• The refund of the Security/Damage deposit is according to method of original payment
To cancel a stay, the Primary Renter must notify owner in writing (email, text message) of intent to cancel the booking. Notice of Cancellation must be in writing via email, text message or U.S. Mail.
Once written notice of cancellation has been sent, the Primary Renter shold follow-up via phone call to verify notification was received and/or discuss options for re-booking. We will acknowledge notice of cancellation in writing via email or text message, and advance rental fees paid will be refunded as stipulated below:
1. If cancellation is 31+ days before check-in date, Primary Renter receives 100% refund of Security/Damage Deposit + 100% of advance Rental Fees paid
2. If cancellation is 30 days or less before check-in, 50% of the Security/Damage Deposit is automatically forfeited as a Cancellation Fee and will not be refunded. Advance Rental Fees paid and the remaining 50% of the Security/Damage Deposit is subject to the conditions below (if the property can be rented to another guest).
a. If property is rented to another guest for a time-frame equivalent (in value) to the cancelled stay, the Primary Renter forfeits 50% of Security Deposit. The remaining 50% of the deposit + 100% of advance Rental fees paid is refunded.
b. If property is not re-rented or is rented to another guest for a time-frame shorter than the cancelled stay, the Primary Renter forfeits 100% of the Security Deposit plus the difference between the cancelled stay and the new booking up to a maximum of 50% of the rental amount + taxes.
example: If a guest cancelled an $800 stay but the property was rented to another guest for a $600 stay, the difference (in value) between the cancelled stay and the new stay would be $800 - $600 = $200. The guest forfeits the entire deposit + $200 difference (in value) + taxes, fees, etc.
If the property is not re-rented, the guest forfeits the entire deposit + $400 (50% of rental amount) + taxes, fees, etc.
• We will make every attempt to rent the property again in the event of a cancelled stay
• No Refund is given due to shortened stays for work/family emergencies or if eviction is required due to guest violation of rental terms
• No Refund is given due to problems related to appliances, plumbing, electricity, mechanical failure, utility failure (including internet, TV or entertainment) or circumstances which are beyond our control. We will do our best to address any problems in a timely manner.
• No Refund is given due to seaweed, jellyfish or tar on the beach, or elevated levels of bacteria in the ocean
• No Refund is given due to inclement weather, unless there is an official evacuation order by the City of Galveston or Galveston County. In the event of an evacuation order, there will be a refund of rental fees + taxes for (1) the specific days the order is in effect and (2) any subsequent days where storm damage prevents occupancy. The Primary Renter must notify owner in writing (email, text message) of intent to cancel all or part of the stay as required by cancellation policy.
PARTIES / GATHERINGS
• The cottage is not a venue for receptions-parties-dinners,
graduation-spring break-prom parties or large gatherings of any type
• Please be respectful of neighbors in the area; do not play
loud music or become a nuisance to the surrounding neighborhood
• Loud, noisy or discourteous parties or gatherings are not
permitted under any circumstances, and will result in loss of deposit and eviction
• Small, courteous family gatherings are permitted, with
restrictions (see below)
• Additional daytime guests from the same family may be
permitted at the property as long as the total number of registered guests +
daytime visitors does not exceed six persons.
The maximum number of persons (registered guests + visitors) allowed at
the cottage during the day (from 10:00am until 9:00pm) is six persons.
• If we receive complaints from neighbors or the police are
called to the premises due to a nuisance or disturbance, all guests will be
immediately evicted and the Primary Renter will forfeit all rental fees +
SMOKING & ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION
• Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere inside premises
(house, laundry, etc.) or on the front porch; the same restriction is for
e-cigarette devices as well
• Smoking is only permitted outside on the deck or in the
• Alcohol consumption by minors or evidence of illegal
substances is strictly prohibited, and will result in immediate ejection from
• No candles, incense, oil lamp or open flame of any kind are permitted inside the property at any time
• No pets of any kind are permitted at any time inside the property or on premises
CHECK-IN / OUT
Check-In time is between 4:00 – 7:00 pm on the day of your arrival
• All persons staying overnight at the property need to be
present for check-in (at the same time) for Guest Registration
• At check-in, we are required to see a photo ID of the Primary Renter and may ask for identification from other guests
• We will meet you at the home personally for check-in, to
provide instructions and complete Guest Registration
• Before Check-in, we ask guests
to stay in touch during travel (via text msg) so we can stay updated of any
• Before Check-in, we ask guests
to call/text as you approach the Causeway Bridge, so we can have ample notice
to meet you at the property when you arrive
• If you show up without notifying us, it is possible your
check-in time will be delayed
• If you anticipate arriving earlier than the Check-in
period, send us a text message to let us know you are on the island; this will allow us to notify you if an early check-in is possible
Check-Out time is between 11:00am – 12:00 on the day of your departure
• We will plan to meet you at 11:00 am unless you've called
to schedule an alternate time
• It is not a requirement for us to see you at Check-out, if your schedule is such that you need to leave earlier than 11:00 am. Please
make sure the doors are locked when you leave and send us a text message to let
us know you left.
• On the day of check-out, the deposit will be refunded
back to the Primary Renter (assuming the house is in order) via the same method it was paid
We ask you to leave the property in a satisfactory condition when you check-out
• Please take the trash out to the large green container outside
• Please rinse off dirty dishes and start the dishwasher
• Place dirty towels in the bathroom, but do not strip the
beds. Our cleaning staff will take care
of the bed linens.
• The Primary Renter is responsible for loss or damage
resulting from intentional acts, gross negligence, accidents by any overnight
and/or daytime guests. Any damages
caused by any guests, pets brought onto the premises, smoking in home or other
violations of these rental terms will cause the Primary Renter to forfeit the
PERSONAL PROPERTY DAMAGE / LOSS
• We are not responsible for losses, damages, or injuries
incurred by guests. We are not responsible for any personal items left by
Violations of any of the above provisions will result in loss of deposit and may subject guests to immediate removal from the premises.
OUR GOAL IS TO MAKE YOUR STAY WITH US ENJOYABLE, SAFE, AND RELAXING.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING YOU AS OUR GUEST.